Chester Township has scheduled a Clean-Up Day for June 3 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the old Chester School property on Chillicothe Road at the intersection of Seminary and Chillicothe. Items can be taken there for disposal at no charge. The Chester Township Road Department will be on hand to assist with the unloading of unwanted items, and the police department will control traffic. Residents using this opportunity to dispose of household discards must observe the following guidelines:
1. Must bring driver's license as proof of residency.
2. Limit of one (1) truck or trailer load per address; one ton maximum capacity truck. Maximum trailer length is 10 feet.
3. All trucks and trailers must be covered with a tarp per Ohio state law.
4. All children must remain in vehicles.
5. NO concrete, stone, rocks or logs.
6. NO liquids, 55 gallon drums or paint cans, hazardous or restricted materials.
7. NO roofing or construction debris.
8. NO yard waste (grass, leaves, stumps or twigs).
9. NO automotive parts of any kind, including body parts.
10. Car and light duty truck tires off the rims will be accepted - the limit is eight (8) tires per household.
11. Oil tanks must have large holes in the bottom to assure they are empty. No paint, oil, oil filters or any other materials of this type will be accepted.
Chester Township reserves the right to refuse any and all kinds of suspicious materials. For more information contact the Chester Township Road Department at 440-729-9110.