Chester Township Fire Rescue was originally founded in 1943 as the Chesterland Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. In 2006 the department evolved from the private fire company to a township entity which included the name change to Chester Township Fire Rescue. The department provides both fire and emergency medical services to the residents of Chester Township as well as mutual aid to other surrounding communities. The Fire Prevention Bureau is responsible for building inspections, fire prevention programs, open burning compliance and fire investigations. Our personnel are certified in firefighting and emergency medical services and many hold advanced certifications in specialized training.
As one of the busier fire departments in Geauga County, our station is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with part time and full time personnel, including a shift officer. Operations are the responsibility of the full time Fire/EMS Administrator William Shaw who also serves as the Fire Chief.
The department’s vehicle fleet consists of 2 engines, 2 tenders, 3 ALS (Advanced Life Support) squads, 1 air/rehab truck, 1 command vehicle, 2 utility vehicles and an all-terrain vehicle.
Thank you letters from our residents and surrounding community, (click here).
Chester Township Fire Rescue is dedicated to providing prompt, professional and quality service with integrity and respect.
CHESTER TOWNSHIP FIRE RESCUE
8552 Parkside Drive, Chesterland, Ohio 44026
Phone 440-729-9951; FAX 440-729-6261